Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing 6-My favorite thing!! FLICKR

I could wax on and on about how much I love Flickr! It is not just because I am an Art teaher who lives and breaths Visual Literacy! It's not because one can get lost for days, weeks, months admiring, learning, being shocked, surprised, entertained....And, it's not just because anyone would be crazy to not upload every precious photo they take, so that these images are saved in the time and space continuoum of the internet (forseeing the issues of hard drive crashing, lost or archaic disks, and no-back-ups). It is because of all of these and more! As an art teacher I can expound on any theme, principal, element of design, Enduring Understanding, Personal Voice, subject, era, media....I could go on forever! And finally, not to mention the goofy toys, attachments and gimicks that entertain! As to my photo of choice--here is where I lost an hour of my life--I wanted to see what Flickr could do when I typed in ambiguous topics such as "awakening", "path less traveled", "enlightened".... With each phrase came thousands of images! Breathtaking! However, what really did it for me was just typing into the Search bar-"Wow", and look what popped up! Amazing!

1 comment:

RESA 23Things said...

WOW! What a great photo!