Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing 16-Google Docs

I really wish I knew about this last semester when a cohort and I were creating new documents for the Michigan Art Education Association, Honors Committee. Just this last week we finally mailed last "I think this is it" document. Between the mailings, corrections, adaptations...my MAEA file is a mess! It may take me all summer to sort it out. Now, if I can only get rest of organization on board! Can it ever become "too many cooks?". As to kids, this would be very cool for a class collaborative creative writing assignment. I need to think more on its art applications-I keep coming up with ideas that a Wiki would be better suited. Any ideas out there?

1 comment:

Saqib Ali said...

If you currently use Microsoft Office, you might wanna try out Office Live. It offers excellent templates for school use, and same collaborative capabilities of Google Docs but with the power of Office 2007.

Even though I love Office 2007, I almost exclusively use Google Docs because I am usually doing all my writing on a library terminal. I love the portability of Google Docs. Nothing to buy, nothing to install :)

Google also offer Google Sites which essentially is a very powerful wiki. But it is usually cumbersome for my simple use.