Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 19-Podcasts

While this "thing" gave the hardest time-first in finding anything art focused for kids, then in finding a podcast that was not too length and to "adult world" (ie. wordy, ambiguous, rambling....) I did so enjoy the NPR "This I believe" podcasts-I've read these collections before and listened to them on the radio. http://thisibelieve.org/ As for teaching art and their application--I could certainly create podcasts that accompany my power point presentations, reading the text aloud and going into more death explaining the project. I also have such trouble getting good substitute teachers when I am out. I love the award winning writings by students one can find on the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards site. This site is laden with poetry, short stories, and essays. Reading these aloud and making podcasts for a substitute to read while students illustrate the images they "see" would be a great way to get kids involved, and I think hearing my voice may keep kids on task! http://www.artandwriting.org/galleryhome.htm)

No comments: