Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 20-subscribing to Podcasts-TEDtalk

Well, I can tell I will need to spend some time investigating this. I started in EPN but really found nothing I felt inspired, motivated, surprised...so I moved onto Podcast Alley. I found quite a bit of podcasts that seemed more specific to art and the media creative world. But...many of those that I found thought provoking also seemed redundant in that they echoed my RSS feeds. Which made me ponder sorting feeds, listening to pods, which should I choose-what a dilemma! What the deciding factor was, was time. I would much rather run down a scrolling list of headlines than listen to minutes at a time of podcasts, wading further and further in until I realize I am not interested, getting no where.... Until I met iTunes. :) Downloading was easy. I have Windows/PC and do not own a MP3 player or an IPod. (I never thought I needed one-silly me!) Now, my birthday wish list is to get one of these "babies" and download my podcasts, books on tape and ITunes! Wow-I feel younger already! I've subscribed to TEDtalks and GrammerGirl (after all, If I am going to sound urban and hip, I may as well use proper grammar). I will spend untold hours going throCheck Spellingugh iTunes and I will continue to explore Podcast Alley. Its library was immense! And I am sure I will find some gems here, but the time it will take seems daunting. As for my students, I will also be on the look out for little gems, thought provoking, creative pieces to share, now that I have a better idea on how to go about this. They all own MP3 players, and anyway they can be approached opens an avenue to enriching their world!

No comments: