Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ta-Da! Thing #23...on to understanding...

Wow Again! And I still feel a bit like the new teacher who discovered they exist at the bottom level of learning, the "I don't know what I don't know" -though I am bouncing between the next level, the "..at least I know what I don't know...". I really am excited about the Wiki, but have soooo much work to do to understand how to link pages, organize content....I have found some Wikis whose purpose is to teach Wiki design, so I will start there. I have really enjoyed this process. I will have to reflect back, review, practice putting into my life these new tools, activities and applications. Mid-"Thing" I got so excited that I went to my Dad's to teach him Flickr and Picasa. I did manage some teaching, with many missteps, laughter and confusion. Many weeks still lay ahead, time to have fun, practice, and hopefully assimilate all this wonderful new knowledge. To you, designers of 23 Things, I would like to see a follow up course that challenges us to fully utilize and use these tools, and to learn even more new tools. How about a simple one also - I have somehow not perfected-organizing one's desktop. I juggle windows, moving back and forth, shutting the wrong windows, losing others...any help for those of us that somehow along the way never learned some basic stuff? Thanks for everything! A thoroughly addictive, rewarding program and process!

1 comment:

RESA 23Things said...

Second time's the charm! And you still have time this summer to play. We loved hearing your perspective as a teacher of art - so many ways to use these tools. Congratulations on your successful of 23 Things!