Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thing 3!

My mind is whirling with ideas, and wonder. When will I have the time to set this up, and how do I organize this from student's perspective? As for using blogging with art students I can see how importing video, power-point presentations, connecting web addresses...and asking students to respond to surveys, questions and share their comments about art and artists would be a great way to generate real conversation. (Isn't it ironic that in person, in the class-room students can be too intimidated to share thoughts, yet when they can open-up to a computer screen they have little qualms in baring their souls). If I could get a fraction of the interactive sharing on an art blog that I am sure takes place on their myspace and facebook pages, I would be ecstatic! I am also a new member of Art Education 2.0- an amazing web site that hosts art teachers, art -ed students, university faculty...all whose lives revolve around teaching art. Every time I check into that site I loss hours of my life. How does one explore such vast, extensive connective libraries of blogs, web addresses, lessons...without getting hopelessly sidetracked? If anyone has the answer to staying the path when blogging, please let me know! If I could see the path in a more Zen-like way, I would also be able to see how to plan great blog experiences for my kids.

2 comments:

Julie said...

It looks like you are off to a great start. If you find the answer to the "path" - please enlighten me! The only answer I can think of is more time in a day!I can spend hours going from site to site, finding articles and resourse that can be used in the classroom.

IcanDrawStickMen,StrtLinesW/aRulerANDblogART said...

Thanks for opening my eyes to the world of the Art Education 2.0 site. I tried to access it from my school computer but find that the arted20.ning.com website it blocked by the network's filter. Do you find that you are also blocked from it when you try to get to it from school (I assume we both teach in Wayne county) or, I'm wondering, is it just my district's filtering doing the blocking?
I also find it interesting that we've selected the ying and the yang of the same template for our blogs - I guess we are kindred art spirits, eh?